Karl has suggested that the final presentation cover the following:
1. What are the main opportunities for RBI – either for individual magazines/websites/markets or for RBI as a whole?
2. What benefits could RBI get (e.g. increased web traffic, new user revenue, new advertiser offerings . . .) from these opportunities?
3. What are RBI’s main strengths – and weaknesses?
4. Where in your view is RBI now?
5. Where should RBI aim to be?
6. What should RBI do?
7. What should editors do?
It would be a good idea to start to consider these things now….
The huge free web encyclopedia Wikipedia defines a weblog as: a web log or simply a blog, is a web application which contains periodic posts on a common webpage. These posts are often but not necessarily in reverse chronological order. Such a website would typically be accessible to any Internet user. The term “blog” came into common use as a way of avoiding confusion with the term server log. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blogging
Welcome to the blog which will support the blogging workshop session at the editor’s conference being held at the Seattle Hotel in the Brighton Marina complex on September 22nd and 23rd. This particular workshop takes place on Friday 23rd.
The idea of this blog is to provide some ideas and background before the conference, as well as a chance to get some hand’s on experience with posting and commenting on a real live blog. I will also post links here to interesting blogs, information and trends which I would like you to look at please.
If we are to get the most out of the day, as much immersion as possible is desirable. Happy blogging!